Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Someone Pinch Me....

This blog was supposed to document the journey and process of finding my real father. After a huge stroke of luck, this blog is taking a different turn. There will be no process, there will be no journey. I found him. By pure luck. It wasn't hard. It wasn't a lengthy process.

Here's the beginning of the story.

April 15th, 2010... it was about 1:00 am. I was up and couldn't sleep. I was watching tv and surfing the web. A commercial came on for a background check site. I really didn't pay much attention until I realized it was a site I hadn't used before. I thought "What the heck, I haven't searched for information in a week or two." I typed the address into Firefox, and plugged in the information.

I was a bit disappointed to see the same information that I got through any other search I tried. Just as I was ready to navigate away from the site when something caught my eye. There it was. Under the 'Alias' section. A different name than I had ever seen listed before. It was close enough to George that I figured it was probably a nickname or something. Since I hadn't searched that name before, I went to Facehook and plugged it in.

The page refreshed, and my life changed in an instant. There was a Geordie Larsen. A Geordie Larsen in TN. A Geordie Larsen in Morristown, TN. A Geordie Larsen 3 years younger than me, and who looked so strikingly similar to the father I have been searching for, I knew immediately. I knew immediately I found my BROTHER.

I sat and stared at my laptop screen for what seemed like forever. I felt paralyzed. Paralyzed with fear, joy, excitment. I looked at the clock, and it was almost 2:00am. There was no one I could call. Everyone was asleep. No one was online. I had to share this with someone. My heart was pounding out of my chest.

I ran into my bedroom, laptop in tow, and woke my husband up. I showed him the picture. "I think I just found my brother." He looked at me like I had two heads - I should have known better... you can't converse with him when you wake him up. I knew he probably wouldn't remember any of it when he woke up that morning, but I had to tell someone.

For the next couple hours I sat with his Facebook profile on my screen. Just looking at his pictures. I had this unbelievable sense of peace looking at his face. Wondering what in the world to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment