Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The First Day of the Rest of My Life....

I got home from work a little after 10pm Thursday night. It was the longest shift of my life. I couldn't get out of that store fast enough.

I flew home and grabbed my computer as soon as I got in the door. I logged into Facebook and there it was. The message I had been waiting for. My hands shook. I wanted to read it, but I didn't. I was afraid of what it would say. I took a deep breath and started to read.

The more I read, the bigger the smile got on my face - the more the tears poured down my cheeks. I had indeed found my brother. I found my brother I didn't even know existed 24 hours prior. I found my brother.... who lived with OUR dad. It was one thing to know that I had found Geordie. It was another to know that he was in direct contact with our dad.

He told me he was semi aware that he had a sibling out there, but he wasn't for sure. He assured me he wanted to get to know me, and would do anything in his power to help me get in contact with our dad and start a relationship - if that's what he and I wanted.

I was over the moon. In less than 24 hours my world changed drastically. I went from having a whole piece of me missing, to stumbling upon it on the internet. And to have him be so willing and just as excited as I was, made it all the more better.

I remember taking my laptop into my room and crawling into my bed. All of the sudden my heart skipped a beat - he instant messaged me on Facebook. We talked for what seemed like hours. It felt so comfortable, and it seemed like there wasn't 24 years missing from our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment